Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Creating for the Classroom

This week is all about creating for the classroom. There are SO many great tools available for teachers and students out there, it would be a full-time job to explore them all. However, as an educator I think it is important to spend time playing with new websites, apps, etc. because you never know what you will find to use in your classroom!

Personally, I love quotes. I have always found quotes motivational, and I plan to integrate quotes into my classroom as often as I can, whether it be through classroom decoration, essay prompts, or quick writes.

A website that I often use is a great tool for integrating quotes into the classroom. The website is quotescover.com, very easy to use, this website generates quotes into pictures that teachers or students would be able to use in a variety of ways. The tools within this website allow you to pick quotes that are already loaded on the website or type in your own quote. You are then able to choose the background color, font colors, add pictures, change the text, etc.  This site is user friendly, and gives a variety of options for saving the image that was created.

Below are examples of quotes that I have created and posted on Twitter for my JV volleyball team!


5 comments:

  1. I love these because they are so creative and the quotes are so motivational! My interning teacher often has the students write in their journals in response to quotes about success, so this would be a great idea to make it a little more creative rather than just writing the quote on the board!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the font looks! Thanks for teaching me about a new tool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your version! Does the tool have automatic fonts or did you manipulate it to get those different effects?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the creativity behind this!
    This is definitely a great resource I'll be holding onto for later use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so creative! I love it. This is a great resource to use in the classroom and is very engaging. The fonts look awesome. I will check out this website for the future.

    ReplyDelete